dunnhumby Price and Promotion Planning
Build data-driven price and promotion plans
A smart plan is the best way to put your strategy in place. But price and promotion planning is complex. Trade funds, supplier and marketing costs, sales figures, loyalty data — there’s no shortage of detail to consider. And marketing, finance, category management and suppliers? Of course they have input too. But you can achieve massive gains by doing it right.
Faced with these challenges, it’s tempting to just take last year’s plan and make minor updates, but you could be leaving money on the table.
Can dunnhumby's proven insights, methodologies and software improve your business?
- Do you know which products have the highest price sensitivity for your shoppers?
- Do you have visibility into which promotions will perform best and for which strategic purpose? (e.g. increase traffic, focus on driving basket diversity, etc.)
- Do you know which lines are best for an everyday low price (EDLP) approach and which are best for promotions? Which cannibalise sales and which should be on page two of your circular?
- Are your price zones set up to maximise success? How are you managing online versus in-store channel pricing plans?
- Does your plan effectively support corporate strategy, such as growing your private-label business?
- Do you have solid processes in place to evaluate your plan and make course corrections?
We can help you map out the right marketing and merchandising tactics based on deep data insights, to help you choose more profitable promotions, assortment and competitive price matching. We’ll also help develop guidelines to improve your overall planning processes.
Customer KVI Analysis
We can identify the Key Value Items (KVIs) and ranges most important to your price-sensitive customers. (Hint: They are different than your competitors’.) We’ll help you invest in those KVIs while minimising the costs associated with price-matching where it doesn’t make an impact.
Price and Promotion Balance Matrix
Evaluating how your prices affect shopper behaviour and your unique price elasticity scores, we’ll help you see exactly which lines should be EDLP and which are right for promotions. We’ll deliver a price and promotion category strategy on regular and promotional pricing that will help improve your inventory turns.
Retail Heartbeat Market Basket Analytics
Our fast, powerful machine-learning solution analyses your shopper data to deliver unique insights on patterns such as basket diversity, affinity and brand loyalty, so you can improve assortment and promotional planning.
Don’t just tweak last year’s plan. Our fast and powerful flagship promotions insight tool saves hours in simulation by helping you understand where to start and what to consider when building a better promotions plan. Quickly determine exactly which tactics and mechanics will deliver the best results. See which products your promotions cannibalise, and the impact of in-store displays and advertising placement, so you can inform optimisation scenarios.
Price Zone Analysis
Leveraging cutting-edge techniques and 20+ years of experience, our science experts can help you identify the best price zones based on customer behaviour, resulting in greater forecast accuracy and shopper relevance.