Tesco Media & Insight Platform unveils new channels for brands and agencies
- One year on from its launch, Tesco Media & Insight Platform expands its suite of self-serve onsite, offsite and in-store channels
- New partnerships with ITVX and Pinterest present huge opportunity for brands to engage with their customers at scale
LONDON – 6 December 2022 – Tesco and dunnhumby today unveiled the next phase of the industry-leading Tesco Media & Insight Platform, allowing CPG brands and agencies to understand their customers like never before.
At an Upfront event in London Tesco launched new onsite and in-store media channels, announced new self-serve capability, and confirmed several partnerships expanding the offsite channels available through the platform. The increased suite of media options will help brands improve engagement with Tesco customers and offer more personalised experiences.
Bringing together Tesco’s extensive understanding of its customers, through Tesco Clubcard and instore insights, with dunnhumby’s leading data science expertise, the closed loop platform provides brands and their agencies with the right insight to drive more interactive, two-way relationships with customers, helping brands build stronger connections with their customer base and build loyalty for both suppliers and Tesco.
Since its launch in November last year, over 450 of the UK’s leading brands have worked with Tesco Media & Insight Platform, and are using the closed-loop measurement suite to realise a real increase to their return on ad spend; an average ROAS of £6.60 with Tesco Media for multichannel campaigns, compared to £3.80 on other channels.
Reaching shoppers at scale
The combination of over 20 million active Tesco Clubcard users and dunnhumby’s analytical expertise creates an even more powerful digital capability, with the new range of channels and partners enabling brands and agencies to engage with their customers at scale.
Announced at today’s Upfront are:
- New offsite partnerships with a range of media owners including ITVX, Pinterest and The Trade Desk, allowing brands to reach Tesco customers via new channels, another innovative way for advertisers to deliver precision at scale. These are supported by partnerships with InfoSum and LiveRamp, enabling customers to be confident that all data is safe, secure, and used to offer a more relevant shopping experience.
- Expanded onsite opportunities for brands, with new sponsored placements on Tesco.com and updated app inventory, revitalised special offers pages and improved brand zones, giving CPG brands more options to educate customers, stand out earlier in the customer journey and reduce friction.
- Updated in-store options for brands to launch in 2023, with a market-first in Scan As You Shop media placements and the return of online sampling. This comes alongside the ever-growing SmartScreen network, and the continued roll out of Tesco in-store Connected Displays.
Self-serve capability, closed-loop measurement
Using dunnhumby’s industry-leading Sphere platform, brands and agencies can book premium placements directly, as well as understanding real-time campaign performance at the touch of a button with in-flight sales reporting.
Nick Ashley, Tesco MD, dunnhumby, says “Retail media gives brands the opportunity to focus at scale on the customers that matter most to them and to target highly specific audiences. With advanced measurement at its heart, advertisers can be more sophisticated in their spending while seeing the true impact of their activity.
“Whether it’s what they’re buying, where they’re shopping, how they consume media, how they make shopping decisions or what inspires them, the Tesco Media & Insight Platform gives brands and agencies that ability to understand and reach their customer like never before.”
Tash Whitmey, Membership and Loyalty Director at Tesco said: “One year on from launching Tesco Media and Insight Platform, powered by dunnhumby and we’re gaining real momentum. Tesco’s weekly media reach rivals some of the biggest online platforms and we’re excited about opportunities to help brands to connect with their customers in a meaningful way, at scale.
“It is a big part of our strategy, through I Love my Tesco Clubcard, to better engage our customers and provide them a more personalised and responsive offer. We’re using our unrivalled digital platform to create additional value and increase loyalty, making sure that the more customers use Tesco, the more useful it is to them.”
- Brands and agencies can find out more about the Tesco Media and Insight Platform by visiting https://www.dunnhumby.com/tesco-media-insight-platform/
dunnhumby is the global leader in Customer Data Science, empowering businesses everywhere to compete and thrive in the modern data-driven economy. We always put the Customer First.
Our mission: to enable businesses to grow and reimagine themselves by becoming advocates and champions for their Customers. With deep heritage and expertise in retail – one of the world’s most competitive markets, with a deluge of multi-dimensional data – dunnhumby today enables businesses all over the world, across industries, to be Customer First.
The dunnhumby Customer Data Science Platform is our unique mix of technology, software and consulting, enabling businesses to increase revenue and profits by delivering exceptional experiences for their Customers – in-store, offline and online. dunnhumby employs over 2,000 experts in offices throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas working for transformative, iconic brands such as Tesco, Coca-Cola, Meijer, Procter & Gamble, Raley’s, L’Oréal and Monoprix.
About Tesco Media & Insight Platform
Tesco Media & Insight Platform is a partnership between Tesco, the UK’s largest grocery retailer, and dunnhumby, a global leader in Customer Data Science. Together, we always put the customer first.
Everything we do is fuelled by the insights generated via over 20 million Tesco Clubcard holders, a diverse, nationally representative, first-party behavioural dataset. We empower suppliers with granular insights so they can identify their most important customers and understand what matters to them.
We help serve Brands and Agencies via a unique mix of technology, software, and Insight and Media products which collectively help provide customers with a more personalised and relevant shopping experience. As the UK’s largest closed-loop Grocery Media & Insight Platform we’re able to connect the dots between advertising exposure and customer behaviour across online and offline touchpoints to help Brands make better product, marketing, and commercial decisions and understand the true impact of their investment.